Recruiting an apprentice
Midlands Apprenticeships’ dedicated recruitment team will work closely with your company every step of the way to ensure we find the right apprentice for your business.
- Our journey will begin with a face-to-face meeting to do an ‘organisational needs analysis’ with you to better understand your business objectives to help identify staff resources that may be required and whether an apprentice would be the best solution
- If yes, we will then agree a Job Description with you
Our recruitment and selection process
- We will write and agree a job advertisement with you, making sure the copy is engaging and appealing to young people seeking an opportunity
- Your job advert will appear on the Midlands Apprenticeships and National Apprenticeship Service websites, as well as our Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn pages, to ensure it gets the maximum exposure
- We will email your vacancy to all our regional partners.
- We will select and screen the best candidates and put forward three for you to interview
- We will stay in close contact with you and the new starter for the first few weeks until the induction onto the Apprenticeship takes place
- Midlands Apprenticeships will manage any of the necessary paperwork, including everything associated with the funding and the registration and certification of the qualifications
- Once your new apprentice is settled into their role, we will carry out a full induction to explain all the requirements of the Apprenticeship Framework
- This will cover:
- apprentice, employer and training provider responsibilities
- on and off-the-job training
- framework qualifications
- guided learning hours
- the process for review of progress
- any additional support that may be needed
- Midlands Apprenticeships has a great team of experienced assessors and we will assign one of our team to your apprentice and they will visit at least once a month to: review training activities; provide tuition and support; and assess any work or evidence the apprentice has produced
The progress will be reviewed with you and your apprentice, before jointly agreeing to an action plan for the next month’s activities.
Contact the commercial team to discuss how Midlands Apprenticeships can take the stress out of recruitment for you.